TRANSPORT MANAGER - 1 POST
Employer: MEDICAL STORES DEPARTMENT (MSD)
Date Published: 2018-02-08
Application Deadline: 2018-02-21
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organization including managing budgets, organizing schedules & routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet road worth standards and legal requirements, and making sure that drivers are aware of their duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Advise the Director of Logistics on all matters related to Transportation
• Implement MSD Strategic Plan in relation to Logistics objectives and enables other directorates perform their functions through innovative approaches for efficiency and cost effective measures.
• Implement Transport performance contract and Strategic Management Office (SMO) targets in the Directorate
• Routes Optimization Planning and Load Scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
• Booking in deliveries and liaising with customers.
• Digital monitoring through GPRS of car movement and driving behavior (car tracking)
• Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
• Transporting consignments in trucks and containers that have security seals
• Analyze expenditures and other financial information in order to develop plans, policies, and budgets for improving services
• Conduct investigations in cooperation with government agencies to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures.
• Conducting routine inspection and ensuring timely maintenance services to vehicles to maintain their road worthiness at all times
• Monitor repairs and maintenance of vehicles, and material handling equipment’s.
• Prepare annual plans, budget and budgetary control, periodic reports and other resources for the section.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s Degree in one of the following fields: Business Administration, International
Business, Transport and Logistics Management or Procurement and Supply Chain Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• Bachelor Degree in Transport, Engineering, Economics, Sociology or Statistics or Logistics Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
• Ten years of working experience of which four must be in a senior position.
• Computer literate
• Must be registered with Chartered Institute of Transport and Logistics
• Business writing skills
REMUNERATION: Salary Scale Attractive Packages
CLOSED 4 day(s) Ago.