PLANT INSPECTOR II - 1 POST
Employer: Occupational Safety and Health Authority (OSHA)
Date Published: 2018-09-14
Application Deadline: 2018-09-27
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare articles and manuals on Plant safety
• Provide inputs in the preparation of Business plan, Strategic plan and other policy formulation in relation to Plant Safety.
• Prepare and submit inspection and other reports timely.
• Carry out general walk through workplace inspections for the purpose of the establishing plant compliance status.
• Carry out specific Plant Safety inspections and recommend remedial measures for identified problems.
• Conduct risk assessment.
• Plan and implement specific plant and safety programmes for both workers and management of the inspected plants.
• Keep plant inspections reports records.
• Provide plant safety consultancy services.
• Carry out accidents investigations, prepare a report, analyzing and recommend control measures.
• Provide input for plant surveys and researches.
• Conduct follow up inspections to ensure corrective measures in plants have been implemented.
• Scrutinize and approve drawings and plans for plants.
• Review documents from inspected plants.
• Recognize, evaluate and control plants mechanical hazards.
• Interpret scientific data collected during investigations and recommend appropriate control measures to be taken.
• Review existing and current Occupational safety and health literature in relation to Plant Safety.
• Appear and participate in court proceedings on the matters regarding to plant safety.
• Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related qualification from a recognized learning Institution
REMUNERATION: Salary Scale OSHA 6.1
Login to Apply