ICT OFFICER II (SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR). - 2 POST
Employer: E-Government Agency (EGA)
Date Published: 2019-06-10
Application Deadline: 2019-06-24
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provision, install, configure, operate, upgrade and maintain assigned server systems hardware, software and infrastructure on MS Windows, Linux and Unix Server platforms;
- Providing appropriate infrastructure technology solution to support eGA Operations;
- Preparing systematic documentation for monitoring of eGA Data Centre Infrastructure;
- Responsible for System Administration of server virtualization and server infrastructure;
- Managing security access to assigned systems, related records, and documents;
- Working to maintain backup procedures and storage strategies;
- Performing backups and disaster recovery operations related to Data Centre;
- Maintaining the strict confidentiality of all records and documents stored in the assigned systems and infrastructure;
- Conferring with employees and the project team to provide technical advice and to resolve problems;
- Preparing reports for system users and management;
- Creating and updating procedural and training documents for the assigned systems;
- Managing all data centre assets and assure that the data centre inventory, systems diagrams and related documentation, and system component maintenance contracts are properly maintained;
- Management of hardware devices, licensing and all programs on the Data centre;
- Ensuring high-availability of data centre products and services; and
- Performing any other official duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree either in Information Technology, Computer Science of Computer Engineering from a recognized institution.
- A working knowledge on System Design, System Performance Tuning, System Debugging, System development and Documentation, System Testing and having knowledge one of the following language SQL, Java script, C++, HTML/XML, Ruby, Python and PHP, Oracle, Linux, .NET frameworks (such as C# (c-sharp), ASP and VB).
- Knowledge in Managing physical and logical storage.
- Knowledge in Security Fundamentals (in multiple vendor / open source environments), Linux and Windows Security Administration, Replication and Mirroring- Virtual Private Networks, Network Security.
- Knowledge in designing a Windows Active Directory, Creating Users, Groups and Shared Folders, Managing Active Directory, maintenance, troubleshooting, and disaster recovery.
- Installation and Administration of Packages, Patches and Updates- fundamentals of Patches, Packages and Updates installation and administration.
- RAID (Hardware Vs. Software) Configuration - understanding important features of Software RAID (Threaded rebuild process, Kernel-based configuration, Portability of arrays between Linux machines without reconstruction, Backgrounded array reconstruction using idle system resources, Hot-swappable drive support, Automatic CPU detection to take advantage of certain CPU optimizations).
- Basic configuration, Hostname, Timezone setup, Network and System Diagnostics, command lines, file System Management and package management, Servers management.
- Load Balancing skills - to load balance, optimize, and secure different applications such as HTTP and HTTPS
- Configuring and Securing Remote Access such Configuring a Virtual Private Network Connection, Network Policies, Integrating Network Access Protection with VPNs, System Backup types and administration (full, incremental, etc.)
- Practical skills in configuring access to file services as Access Control, managing NTFS file and folder permissions, managing permissions for shared resources, determining effective permissions, configuring and managing distributed file system as Distributed File System (DFS) Overview, configuring DFS Namespaces, configuring DFS replication, deploy file sharing services, deploy an FTP server and a web server.
- Working knowledge in Clustering, Security/encryption, Fail over management and automatic switch over.
- Possession of recognized ICT professional certification such as CISA, CISM, CISSP, CEH, CCNA will be an added advantage.
REMUNERATION: Salary Scale ATTRACTIVE REMUNIRATION PACKAGE IN
Login to Apply