ICT OFFICER GRADE II – (NETWORK ENGINEER). - 1 POST
Employer: E-Government Agency (EGA)
Date Published: 2019-06-10
Application Deadline: 2019-06-24
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing technical support related to Network platforms for Voice and Data
- Monitoring performance, capacity, and availability of the network on an ongoing basis and recommend improvements in technologies and practices.
- Collaborating with other staff in the ongoing definition of network design, services and procedures so as to ensure business continuity
- Participating in designing and installation of networks and related accessories and equipment;
- Maintaining and repairing of Network active and passive equipment;
- Troubleshooting all network related problems;
- Undertaking day to day management of LAN, wireless systems, telephone systems (PBAX), leased lines;
- Documenting and communicating network related problems, solutions and the implementation process;
- Assigning network resources and user accounts;
- Performing maintenance activities, systems backups and restore; and
- Performing any other official duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree either in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering from recognized institution.
- Working knowledge in the Telecom Operators or Internet Service Provider Core Network environment.
- Proficient in Service Provider technologies like IP/MPLS and related services (L2VPN, L3 MPLSVPN, TE, QoS, etc).
- Proficiency in designing/deploying in LAN/WAN topologies using routing protocols like OSPF/ISIS, EIGRP, BGP, IPv6, MPLS, Multicast, HA/Redundancy etc.
- Good understanding of last mile (both Fiber Optics and Microwave) technologies.
- Knowledge of IOS/IOS XE/ IOS XR and Proficient on Network equipment such as routers, switches, bridges, etc.
- Practical skills in configuring and managing VLANs on routers and layer 2 switches and remotely management using IP-based management protocols, such as Telnet and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), management IP Address and Default Gateway.
- Practical skills in configuring and managing wireless networks, configuring DNS, DHCP, FTP, Gateways and NS Lookups.
- Knowledge in Network Firewalls and Unified Threat Management Systems configurations and management.
- Fluent in Backup/Recovery procedures, Storage technologies and understanding port numbers approach to application detection.
- Practical skills in using command lines; ping, tracert, ipconfig, Nslookup, Netstat and familiar with tools as Putty, Subnet and IP Calculator, Speedtest.
- Must have practical knowledge of TCP/UDP related protocols, network security design, Linux operation systems and scripting with shell, python, VB, Bash or Perl.
- Working knowledge of Antivirus/IPS/web proxy technologies.
- Multi-vendor products network knowledge is an added advantage.
- Practical skills in managing Server Infrastructure roles as IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing, Domain Name System Server Role, Configuring DNS Zones, DHCP Server Role.
- Practical skills in configuring and managing VoIP System architecture and Technology.
- Possession of recognized ICT professional certification such as Service Provider Networks (CCNA, CCNSP, HCNA, HCNP, MCSA, MCSE), CISA, CISM, CISSP, CEH, will be an added advantage.
REMUNERATION: Salary Scale ATTRACTIVE REMUNIRATION PACKAGE IN
Login to Apply