CYBERSECURITY ANALYSTS - 3 POST
Employer: Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA)
Date Published: 2017-08-25
Application Deadline: 2017-09-09
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
i. Perform cyber security incident coordination, analysis and response.
ii. Produce monthly and quarterly reports on Incidents and threats activity both locally, regionally and globally.
iii. Perform Digital Forensics investigation
iv. Monitoring and analysing Cyber security threats on threat Intel’s Perform cybercrime incident coordination, analysis and response
v. Prepare security advisories.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor degree in either computer Science; Engineering or Information Technology from recognized institution. A minimum of THREE (3) years post qualification experience in a well-established organization in areas of IT and preferably IT security
1.1.3 SPECIAL SPECIFICATIONS:
• Excellent analytical skills
• Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively as a team player
• Good knowledge of security risks, threats and vulnerabilities
• Flexible, creative and good team spirit
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and manage complex and delicate tasks
• Results and performance-driven with commitment to realization of the Authority’s strategic objectives
• Ability communicate and present clearly and team work
• Proactive, attention to detail, ability to work under pressure
• Self confidence in work planning and decision making
• Ability to explain difficult technical matters in easy wording.
• Ability to use tools and techniques for problem solving
• A good feeling for confidentiality and working in a procedural matter
• Ability to handle stressful environment
• Strong communicative and writing skills
• Open minded and willing to learn
• Passion with Information Technology Security
• Knowledge and understanding of various computing concepts especially Internet technologies, TCP/IP protocols and general computer security concepts
• Basic knowledge of UNIX/ Linux distributions and Windows Operating systems.
• Basic knowledge and experience of computer networking
• Knowledge of various Internet protocols and applications such as SMTP, HTTP(s), DNS, FTP, telnet, SSH, etc
• Knowledge of Security threats such as DDoS, Phishing, Malware, etc
• Basic knowledge of various security tools and technologies including Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Firewalls, Log Analysis, Encryption, Endpoint Security technologies such as Antivirus tools as Network Packet Analysers
• Experienced in any of the following programming languages: C, Java, Perl, Python, Go and Shell scripting.
• Have experience with social cultural implications of Information Technology.
• Experience working in the field of Systems Administration, IT Security, Computer Networking, Systems Analysis, design and development.
• Possession of IT security certification such as CEH, CHF and GREM will be an added advantage.
REMUNERATION: Salary Scale Salary Scale TCRA
Login to Apply